I’m taking a break from our business building work to reply to a client that has asked me to advise them about a candidate that they wish to hire.
I’ve read the candidate’s cover letter and resume.
I’m about a 4 out of 10 on the candidate you are considering.
• Why did the candidate leave their position in 1988 and then again in 1992?
• It appears there could be a values conflict between the business of insurance and their outside community activity – is this a career or a hobby?
• Will their values of their community service match yours?
• Will the candidate commute or move?
• Will the candidate be able to balance your position, their part time business and their outside community activity?
• Having said the above, the candidate looks like they are prone to be a workaholic. Why is this happening? What is underneath that?
• They are asking less than market value for their salary? Why is that?
• Will their beliefs of scarcity and a lack of worthiness not run contrary to the abundant practice that you are building?