Wednesday’s 8am gig was followed by a rather long travel day that was compounded with leaving Toronto 40 minutes late because all the bags had to be unloaded off of the plane and reloaded because a bag was checked in by a passenger that did not show up. Hmmmm?
Ironically here I am sitting in my seat furiously writing and Marlene, the WestJet Flight Attendant asks me; “What are you writing”?
“I’m writing a book called Eliminate Fear”. Hmmmm?
I did what I said that I was going to do on trip so I was tired when I got to Calgary.
My outcomes for the trip were to;
– Deliver two outstanding gigs
– Write the draft of the update of the Products Section of the Web Site
– Write the draft introductory chapter for my Book that will serve as the September E-Newsletter
– Re-focus the Marketing Plan
So after a couple of nights of 5 hours of sleep and a sore butt from sitting on the plane I received three great messages when I got to Calgary;
– One from Laura that an Advocis Chapter in Manitoba wants us for a gig in November
– I received the following test message from an attendee of one of the gigs that I just completed;
“I was fascinated to read your blog from yesterday’s activities. You are very candid.
The combination of your jet-lagged 8:00 am time slot and a room containing a number of people whom I know are already “emotionally retired” and just looking for CE credits would be very challenging.
But like insurance, investments, broken water heater, etc – you have to catch the right people at the right time. Your presentation was, by far, the most relevant for me over the 2 days.”
– Another from Laura who just completed a discussion with another attendee of one of the gigs that we just completed and they want to bring me in to speak to their company.
All of this was a huge energy burst as the road can be very energy draining at times.
International Values and Behavioral Analyst, Business Coach, Speaker and Author
Executive Coaching Tips for Financial Advisors
Speaking at a City Near You