It’s about 12:30pm BST on Saturday, June 9th. We slept until 10am thinking that if we slept in, we would be able to stay up longer on our 9 hour, 5:10 pm BST flight from London, England to Vancouver, Canada. We will arrive at 6:30pm PDT on Saturday in Vancouver and we will want to get a full night’s sleep on Saturday night to acclimatize to our regular time zone.
We had a leisurely breakfast and then repacked our baggage to re-balance the weight of our luggage for the flight home.
On Friday night, we had trouble getting on-line and did not check in for our flight to get our seats. When we finally did on Saturday afternoon, all the side by side seats were gone and all there was left were a pair of inner seats, one in front of the other.
We were tired and our energy just dropped at the thought of having to travel separately on a flight for 9 hours. I said to Laura that we must set the intention and say a prayer that we will receive side by side seats.
Another challenge will be to stay way awake for the 9 hour flight to force ourselves into our regular time zone.
Next week will be busy with back to back appointments so I created the following To-Do List for the flight:
1. Write this Blog
2. Integrate items from my travel journal into our new vision
3. Integrate items from my travel journal into our new 90 day list of goals
4. Prioritize 90 day goals
5. Create a Yearly Daily Calendar Excel Document of: Focus, Free, Planning & Product Development Days
6. Create a Project/Product Development / 12 Month Time Line Excel Document
7. June 15th E-Newsletter
8. Update Planning Journals to Master Excel Planning Documents
It’s now 3:15pm BST and we have checked into the airport and we are now in The Duty Free Retail Mecca. It strikes me as odd that they would not let us carry on two carry on bags ( We try to carry our computers, printers and other electronics) but I am sure that if I had of bought a Ferrari at the duty free, they would have let me carry it on the plane. Not a chance, even with the duty free, the exchange rate of the British Pound to the Canadian Dollar makes purchases out of sight.
We sat down and shared a chicken wrap and had a coffee and Chai tea to maintain our energy. The thought of traveling without Laura for 9 hours was still dragging me down … what to do?
Make a list of all of the things to give thanks for since we started our journey on Sunday, May 27th:
• A continued long and loving life with Laura
• The ability to meet and work with extraordinary people and see the world
• A great week of client calls May 28th – 31st
• An outstanding reception to our speaking presentation at The Toronto Independent Financial Brokers Summit on May 30th
• We received 14 new client inquiries and an opportunity to write for Advocis Forum Magazine as a result of our speaking presentation at The Toronto Independent Financial Brokers Summit on May 30th
• The opportunity to learn cutting edge ways to:
• Realize our vision
• Clarify and realize our goals
• Attract and build an extraordinary team
• Maximize our time
• Increase sales and profit
• Enhance our marketing
• Perfect our product offering
• Add new an improved technology
• Deliver all of the above technology to our clients
• A past client wishes to come back
• We have 4 client spaces and 14 booked appointments with prospective clients
It’s 5:30pm BST and the plane boarded late and Laura is seated in front of me and we have a single aisle seat to the right of us and I am watching and waiting to see who ends up sitting beside each of us to see if Laura or I can exchange seats with one of them so that Laura and I can sit together …
A young woman sat down beside me and I pointed to Laura in the seat in front of me and said “that’s my wife and” … the young woman said “and you want me to exchange seats so that you can sit with her?” I said “yes!” The young woman said “absolutely and I didn’t want to sit in the aisle”.
Although our take off from London was almost an hour late, we managed to make up a ½ hour and we arrived in Vancouver at 7:00pm PDT.
Our flight was excellent and I’m happy to say that I completed:
• Writing this blog
• Create a Yearly Daily Calendar Excel Document of; Focus, Free, Planning & Product Development Days
• Integrate items from my travel journal into our new vision
• Integrate items from my travel journal into our new 90 day list of goals
• Draft of June 15th E-Newsletter
Still to be completed:
• Create a Project/Product Development / 12 Month Time Line Excel Document
• Prioritize 90 day goals
• Update Planning Journals to Master Excel Planning Documents
Sunday will be an off day.
Just one more thing, we have a short 20 minute 11:30pm flight from Vancouver to Nanaimo, BC and then a ½ hour drive home.