I had a conversation with a self evolved client that is searching for a way to grow their business. We discussed joining a bank – not entrepreneurial enough, a captive agency – too structured and then the notion of a producer group came to mind.
My request to my client was to write a vision of the producer group that they would like to attract by answering the following questions;
• What are the values and vision of the producer group?
• What geographic area does the producer group serve?
• What are the business planning strategies of the producer group?
• What are the areas of expertise/ product specialty of each member of the producer group?
• What accreditations does the producer group have?
• How is the support team structured?
• What does the office environment look like?
• What computer systems and technologies does the producer group use?
• What are the marketing strategies of the producer group?
• What niche markets does the producer group serve?
• What does the web site look like?
• What e-marketing strategies does the producer r group use?
• What training does the producer group continue to aspire to?