My client received an upsetting letter and here is my feedback.
Thank you for sharing the letter that you received. I understand that there are some comments in the letter that are upsetting you.
Here is what I recommend.
• Take some quiet time to re-read the letter – an hour at least
• Get to a calm place – meditate or pray!
• Read the letter to the point where you are falling out your calm place.
• While staying in that calm place … give yourself some compassion for feeling what you are feeling … write down what you are feeling, why you are feeling what you are feeling and what you are believing about the situation … don’t fall into the trap of the ego mind … just write in your journal, feel the feelings … stay in a calm place.
• Do The Clearing Process Assignment that we work with on how you feel about the lines in the letter.
• From the calm place, as you re-read the lines of the letter to where you are falling out of your calm place …
• Ask yourself what memory gets brought to mind?
• Do The Clearing Process Assignment on the how you feel about the memory that gets brought to mind.
• Keep reading … repeat the process.